Thursday, May 07, 2009

Rants.

Why do parents have children? Is it really to have a family or are children an investment, an insurance?

Do Singaporeans marry early just so they can get out of their parent's home?

I'm stoked about showing him my "second home" (soon enough, we're going), yet being back there evokes past memories.

Just the other night, i missed the ex's call. I obssessed for half-a-day what he had wanted to say. I felt bad missing his call because i knew i had seen him through bad times and perhaps he was just having another bad time. Maybe he needed a listening ear. Someone whom you didn't need to tell the entire history of your problems to, someone who would understand, someone who never gave up hope, someone who always encouraged. But i guess it's probably because he was drunk.

When a relationship ends, do you turn bitter? Do you never be friends? I think that's sad. I have spent 3 years with someone, although it has ended, i cared and still do. Because if you stopped caring, if you stopped feeling, then maybe the relationship was never real.

But it's only platonic, if you believe. But don't ask me who will i save if both are drowning.Sometimes past lovers, crushes drop me a note once in awhile. It lets me know i am still thought of, but i doubt its anything more. I like that connection because i treasure memories, but my feelings don't get muddled, my visions are clear. I knew why i had moved on. But movies make us believe in fairytales, and perhaps they do exist. That lost time, past mistakes can be salvaged.

I often wonder, in a marriage, how can love just END? How can one party say to the other,

" Sorry, i don't love you anymore. So i cheated. I want a divorce."

Love didn't end in relationships (like how a mother never stops loving her child). Your boyfriend or girlfriend just found someone better or more suitable. Period.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. i really like this entry. am in the midst of my 2&1/2 yrs relationship. maybe youre right, love doesnt end just like that.. probably im more interested in finding someone more suitable :(

Chrispy Tine said...

Hi Anonymous, i guess you're staying anonymous for obvious reasons (LOL). Its good that you acknowledge why you're still in this long term relationship. It's hard to move on, when there's no third party. I truly understand. But think of it this way, if you don't end it, you will never meet someone new. Because you are morally righteous, you wouldn't cheat.

I know there is the fear of being single and unwanted, i had the same fears. But i think you will be happier being alone than be with someone who isn't right.

cici said...

who can say what is right or wrong =) the person might be right for u now but wrong 5 years down the road. more imptly are u willing to accept the new person i guess =)

besides.. as i said.. love does not exist. its a figment of imagination. an excuse tht human beings thot up to sound more noble as opposed to lonliness, lust, society norms, etc