Thursday, November 02, 2006

Good gosh, help me decide!

I need poll results by tommorrow...

Rent increased to $98 per week for student hostel now, which sprung me into action in sourcing other accomodation. Ok, it was a hasty decision (my room mates said), but the one so far i'm more or less satisfied that is close distance to school ..ends up being the same price as what i pay for school accomodation.

It didn't help much even though i bargained from $90 to $80 for the room, and negotiated half month's rent for the summer holidays where i'm away.

A friend mentioned i was so gung-ho in viewing the house alone, with an asian uncle. No cause for worries, its because i know that neighbourhood pretty well ( i run there every morning), and i specially wore shoes and jeans ( in case i need to fight and run), and also yes, cause i'm pressed for time and i couldn't find anyone to go along with me.

The landlord's from Brunei, and he seems to be very friendly and nice, married, one son, one daughter.

The house, is like Changi chalets, very simple, humble and ok, a tad shabby. But the room i'm going to get is slightly bigger than my current one, with a QUEEN bed, AND the best deciding factor is i won't have to be a normad, moving my things around when summer comes.

And of course, much less people in that house than my present one, and all females.

My house mates ask me not to leave, yeah, i will miss them too..it's always so noisy and lively here. Buuuuut....i don't like being a normad!

So how?! Cost is no longer an issue now, because i can't find somewhere cheap and reasonably good to live. The cheap place i found, has a swimming pool BUT...china occupants. I mean, he sounds nice over the phone...BUT...still have reservations..and its a longer walk to school.

6 comments:

Chrispy Tine said...

House VS Hostel

1) House: electricity and gas not included - but landlord assured me its not very much $$$

2) Hostel: Strict rules in checkin in and out..E.G i'm leaving 815am flight right, i got
to check out the day before, latest 6pm. Meaning i got to either find a friend's house to
stay the night for my flight, or sleep in the living room of the hostel or be homeless.

3) Hostel Check in date also must be 19th Feb, i come back late...got admin hassle (but
not a HUGE prob lah, easily settled).

4) House, dunoe safe or not.ANything, hostel can sue school. But landlord assured me..in
18 years, all singaporeans..no problem..told me can give me references to call if i need

Shyanne Browning said...

move out.

good to walk to school more.

Anonymous said...

Most important thing is Security!! as long as its safe, think you shd move as what we discussed on the phone this afternoon. Study Hard for the exam.. Hey.. u going to come back or not??? =p ~ Bin ~

Chrispy Tine said...

maybe i can have a dog with my own house?hahaa..then not so lonely.

Anonymous said...

.... hello! Feed yourself already no time u still want to feed a dog ah..sure or not? ~BIN~

Anonymous said...

very gung ho meh?!?! :s people do it all the time here... :s