Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Being single.

I just cooked my dinner and amazingly its very nice! Given for the fact that i threw random stuff in to the pot. Mushrooms, tomato paste, capsicum, onions, garlic, mince beef, cayenne pepper, black pepper, mixed herbs and salt. When everything is cooked, i put a portion of rice AND the finale was 2 dollops of YOGURT on top. Yes, yogurt! Its very nice you know. The ang mohs here eat yogurt with curry one. Either yogurt or sour cream. They eat sour cream with everything lah. But yogurt is healthier.

I eat yogurt with museli almost everyday for breakfast now. Working at the cafes, had made me hunt for the ingredients they use. And voila, i search online, knowing the brands they use..and there, i create them back in my own kitchen. Only this particular brand of museli is super yummy! But i wonder if museli really is healthy though. It's meant to be..but don't know if its really good. After all, its processed, right? But before i discovered museli, i used to occasionally put oats into my yogurt with nuts. Until recently, my boss told me oats are meant to be cooked, not eaten raw!! I've been eating it raw!!

Now that i'm cooking for one now, i tend to eat better. Like buying top grade vegetables, expensive fruits like mango and cherries etc. But my housemate says even when the boyfriend is here, i also buy expensive food like salmon and scallops. Oh well, my mother taught me one. To eat well and healthy. No wonder the boyfriend smsed me to tell me a day after he got back to Singapore, he got food poisoning. He reckons my cooking been too healthy. I take that as a compliment. Haha.

My taste has become more ang moh now too..yogurt with curry, museli and erm...raw capsicums. They absolutely cannot eat cooked capsicums here, its gross to them. So they eat raw, and so i tried..and hey, its nice! Raw capsicums with salads. I used to hate capsicums actually. Now i buy all colours. Red, yellow and green. Like the traffic light. And the salads i make have tuna, strawberries, egg, avacado and mesculin.

I will miss this kinda lifestyle. Don't think i will do this kind of thing in Singapore. Hahaa..coz over here, you got plenty of time to prepare your food, do grocery shopping mah! That's the difference between here and Singapore. The quality of your life style. I even introduced avacado here to the boyfriend lah! Never liked eating them in Singapore also.

hmmm..very different. Also, i used to think all things in Singapore is of high standard and quality. After seeing here, Singapore is still a little behind. But of course, i still love Singapore. I think our government is good, our system is good, my family and friends are there. But i like my singular lifestyle here too. My own house, my own car, my own everything. Don't need to sell your body also can earn up to $50 an hour. How good is that!

Our last picture together in Perth now. Me and Val leaving. They're all back in Singapore now anyways, only me the last one to go back.

Celebrating Julia's birthday at Big Bowl. The bowl of noodles there very big and very nice too. Handmade noodles. The boyfriend discovered this place and without fail, he will eat the same dish every single time he's there. Don't know whether to say he is the loyal kind or not, judging by his taste in food. He could eat sweet and sour pork every freaking Sunday. Eat roast duck every freaking Saturday. And the other days, my cooking. I like variety though. But i know i'm the faithful kind. Not necessarily loyal though...judging how i can give bad reviews of the tkd club i join for example. but other members are like die-hard fans. Not one bad word about the club.


I have this crinkle (above cheekbone, underneath eye) when i smile too widely! Oops, Julia's face is blurred. Otherwise quite a nice picture.

8 comments:

Shyanne Browning said...

so healthy still put on weight!!

can't wait for us to cook together when you get back. maybe you can teach me a thing or two!

Anonymous said...

SKY DIVE?! Mum : its similiar to bungy, so u shld try hang gliding instead

Anonymous said...

SKY DIVE?! Mum : its similiar to bungy, so u shld try hang gliding instead

Anonymous said...

muesli? u buy or make

m

Chrispy Tine said...

Shy: oh no no no, i put on weight when the bf is here. bc we share snacks, eat out and i cook meat every meal and sometimes those unhealthy fried stuff, luncheon meat etc bc he likes it. Now tat he's gone, i've lost it. bc back to singular cooking meaning lotsa soups, pasta, salads, fruits.

ur cooking is so totally diff from mine. i shld b learning fr u.mine are easy stuff man.

Mum: Sky dive is even higher leh. but hang glide, also can. I'm going to do EVERYTHING! hahaa.there's this hamster ball that you go inside and run down the hill too!

I miss having hamsters. Think i will get one when i go back. and i want to make over my room! And time for Ivan to move out, and ALL HIS CLOTHES TOO! hahaaa..then i got more space.

Museli, i used to make my own. But too much work (like at Aunt Linda's place) so i buy those ready made honey roasted museli with dried fruits, then just add yogurt and fresh fruits myself.

RaGe FuRy said...

Oei Oei! What What! I added Dynamic AwESOMEness to your room ok!

Anonymous said...

ivan is buying a new ergo friendly computer 'cos of his back; can u sell off your old computer in oz since u can take over ivan's old quite new computer?

also, we bought fd regular by mistake - 3 boxes. Is it ok?

d

Chrispy Tine said...

his Mac book?the lap top? of coz i can take over!! hahaa..but my current lap top has no value already lah. Its 7 years old or so already.

and my boss ONLY likes lemon. Can change?