Saturday, December 29, 2007

Love Letter

Christine
Love you - my special Singaporean friend forever. I would love to see you before you leave our shores finally. I don't go back to work until next week but there's no reason not to see you before. I can come to your house or you can come to mine or we can meet for a coffee.
Hope you had a wonderful time with your family in New Zealand. Christmas here was VERY hot.
I would love for you to meet my family so you can understand everything that we have talked about over the past couple of years.
Christine, you have always been such a delight to be around and to know. I don't think I will ever forget you (unless Alzheimers disease takes over).
My love to you and best wishes for your future.
Sue

Sue was from the office where i temp occasionally as a receptionist. I sent her a simple email saying Good-Bye and this was what she replied. Its an elaborated love letter, which was very sweet. I was amused however, for i only knew her for a year? But she said "past few years", which is again very sweet, cause although our real time knowing each other is short, it felt like a decade. Hah!

She is the best boss ever (close fight with Sharon, the other boss i was talking about in the earlier post) and a great modern mum too. Sharon and Sue are about the same age though, my mum's age. She's written me heart-felt cards and knitted me a scarf each time i came and left as a temp. I suppose i started it first with flowers and hand-made cards for her.

But of course, it was my landlord who introduced this office to me. And according to him, Sue is not a very easy person to get along. It wasn't a problem, i found her a fantastic woman!

I'm very blessed to have met all the people i've met here in OZ.

Who says i have to hang around people my own age?! HAH.

No comments: