Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Loser

Last Saturday, i went to the city by myself in my car. I thought of taking the bus, but it was so early in the morning, and i was lazy. I wanted to take the bus because i think its freaky driving to the city (so much busier), and i still do think its scary. But..i managed to find where i wanted to go without getting lost (seriously, i think my sense of direction and intuition is very spot-on), and i managed to park without needing to pay (usually, parking costs $2 half an hour in the city) and i got to do what i needed to do (a mystery shopping assignment at 8am).

So yes, the car has enabled me to do so many more mystery shopper assignments ( i basically get paid a small fee and reimbursement for purchases to assess the client's service, product etc.) So for this month, i earned $100 just by doing such. If without the car, i wouldnt bother to go through the trouble of doing these assignments because the small fee they pay is simply not worth the effort. Doing such mystery shopper does help me understand my course of study better, and no, it wasnt the school who put me on such a progamme. I found it myself online, but also course i did such in Singapore as well. And i remember it being a world wide thing, so i searched for the Australia's office and signed up! So far, i have rented movies, ate and bought things at the post and supermarkets for free.

But of course, even with the car, you still got to do your planning carefully. I only do the assignments which are within the vinicity or i happen to be there or rather, planned to be there anyway. Otherwise not worth the petrol too. Petrol prices are sky rocketing, and the news says its because of Singapore. Now, where's the link?

So, on the freeway to the city, the speed limit is 100km/hr. But i went at 80km/hr,and so everyone was overtaking me and zooming past me. I feel so loser...haha..but i take my Dad's advice seriously. But the bf said before, slow drivers are actually hazardous too. Said women are dangerous drivers because they take too long to decide what next. I agree, because my examiner said to me there's a difference between cautious and overly cautious.

I am now enjoying my pumpkin soup, the organic pack i got from the supermarket. Pumpkin and ginger, good for cold weather. It tastes good, but erm, i am not sure if the nutrients are still there, since its cooked then refridgerated and then i heat it up before eating. But it's a quick meal...and you feel healthy. Besides, most restuarants do it this way too, they use pre packed soups etc.

This semester i'm doing so much more, we play badminton almost every Saturday (courts are $13 per hour!!), this Saturday i am going to a wild life park, and the next, Sky Diving!!!

So right now, i got to finish up all my school work first. I am a good girl, work first then play ;p

Mummy should come now, i can drive her around!

P.S a dish washer actually earns 70K a year!! But your work place will be up north, that is like far far away from "civilisation" but 70K!! You don't even need IQ to load a dish washer.

No comments: