Saturday, August 25, 2007

Went to watch some Muay Thai match. Wasn't as adrenaline rushed as i thought it would be, but nonetheless gave us something to do on a Saturday night.


September the first is Father's Day here, so i made a card...only to know in Singapore, Father's Day is sometime in March. My father said in jest that he thought i've forgotten about him!

My mum still keeps the cards i make for her. Don't know about Dad though. Then again, like mum always nags, "Dad keeps EVERY scrap of paper."
But i realise i only get back to making cards here. In Singapore, there's just no time for card making :pAnyway, here's a day spa in my neighbourhood. And after months of deliberating, i decided to self indulge. After all, i work practically everyday (except weekends), and then do my school work at night. Quite a burn out, i reckon. Hahaha, but that's me. I like to pack every activity tightly.

And so, i booked in a facial and massage. To my surprise, their facials do not consist of extractions nor eyebrow trimming (unlike Singapore). So what do you do in a facial? Oh, we cleanse, exforliate, tone and moisturise. I was like, "oook...i can just do all these myself at home at the cost of nothing." Then they explain to me that extractions here is illegal, because it hurts the skin. Then where did the beauty therapists in Singapore get the idea of extraction?!

No wonder my ang moh guy friend who regularly goes for facials adores the regime. Because all i was thinking, facials hurt! It was never exactly an enjoyment, because the extraction of blackheads and pimples hurt very much. And guys normally have a lower threshold of pain. I thought that ang moh friend must be crazy to enjoy facials in Singapore! I guess the facials he go for are different from the ones i go in Singapore. His must be the blissful, no extraction ones.

And so, with no extractions done here, you feel abit 'not value for money'. However, after the treatment, got to say they deserve what they charge. Because without extractions, they mange to get out the pimples and blackheads. So yeah...i'm never going back for extractions in a facial. A dermatologist once actually tsk tsk me when i told him i go for facials.So where in the world did Singapore's therapists get the idea of extractions?! 2 different schools of thought, i suppose.

The spa is built quite like a home actually. Its a house on the outside,

and a living room with multiple treatment rooms inside! With an outdoor jacuzzi (located where the woman is standing). It costs an extra $65 to use that facility. That's absurd!

At the end of my treatment, i was given refreshments! Chocolates, tea and muesli with fruit and yogurt! This is, service. Made me feel so healthy that i went to get my own blend of muesli right after i stepped out of the place.

P.S my beauty therapist somehow reminds me of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.

1 comment:

Shyanne Browning said...

i hate facials for the extractions! that's why i DON'T go for facials.