Sunday, August 26, 2007

Can you guess?

I won't be racist here, but can you guess the nationality i hate most serving? They are just OH SO RUDE. Majority of the rude customers are of a certain race, but then again of course its not generalised because there are some nice ones too. There was one that was SO rude, when i took his food to the back i was oh so tempted to spit in his food. I admit, the thought did cross my mind! But of course, i couldn't bring myself to do it. I may look mean but actually a softie, you know.

That's why my colleague was saying she knows better than to be rude to the person who's handling her food. Hahahaha! So she knows.

I feel ashamed that i am taking less pride in my work now, simply because i am tired of serving people and 'seeing their colours'. That's why i won't go into a sales or customer service career.

But i still feel ashamed because i am quite a perfectionist.

I'm ALWAYS rostered to be in the kitchen at one of my jobs, i take it as a compliment because very few people can handle the kitchen. But nowadays i dread it, because being in the kitchen= to doing everything! From loading the dish-washer to putting back the plates (well, i can NOT care and leave it to the rest to do. But because the dish washer is in the kitchen, i get very irked when i see dishes piling up), to preparing orders to cleaning the kitchen (grill, microwave, floor), to doing the next day's preparation to THROWING THE RUBBISH too!!

And amazingly, the least paid job is the hardest work of all and the most paid job is the least work of all. Hahahaha, but i'm still not willing to quit any, yet.

So yes, i used to do everything while on the job (being a perfectionist) fast and good. Then i realised i'm being a little silly because i make myself so stressed on the job. So i produce sloppy work, and then i will get 'comments' from the supervisor. They were not being mean, but just you know asking me to redo because its not very well done etc. And i think how it's not fair, because how can i be perfect when there's so much for me to do while the rest have an easier station to look after?

Then again, a good worker is not complaining about anything. Its not as if the job is wanting an arm and leg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dun u think u shld slow down on jobs in ur last lap of your course? Use the extra time to do some more strategic activities..d

Chrispy Tine said...

Not that i don't want to. I can't. Without a PR, you CANNNOT apply for permanent proper job.So therefore, you can't bag a job without getting a PR first. Unless, you pull strings which i don't have such connections here.