Sunday, July 23, 2006

Journey to Kardinya

I walked miles and miles, without anything in sight on my quest to get my lap top fixed. Halfway through, I turned behind to see if I could ask someone if I'm going the right direction. There were no signs or anything to help. And ta-dah!

I made 3 new found friends. They were more stable atoms; we spent lunch, dinner and supper together. Unlike the other unstable atoms I met along the way in campus, more like acquaintances. They were initially pretty shocked that I dared to walk alone on the highway for my quest, and thus they invited me to join their group.

And Tuesdays, apparently are the `happening' night in town. Movie tickets are cheaper, waffles are half priced. We went to the waffle place at night, and it was filled with Asians. We commented on that and this Caucasian lady was joking, “Because it's cheap, and so Asians are cheap”.

Ha ha, can't deny that. Not in a malicious way of course, it's just totally understandable. Thursdays are also more `happening' because shops close at 9pm instead of the usual 4pm.
Since Sunday, yesterday was a `better food' day. Lunch was jap at Kardinya, I felt I needed a treat for walking so so long and hard in my quest. Reminded me of the time my family had to walk miles and miles too in Gold Coast. Dinner was provided by the Uni, a welcome dinner. It had roast chicken, salad, fruits with yogurt. The server was a bit sexist though. The boys have their chicken bigger. Didn't they know chicken make the male reproductive organ smaller yet make the woman's twin towers bigger? Silly, they got it all wrong.

I've found a couple of running ka khis now, the trio I met on my quest. But right now, it's just so cold you wouldn't want to step out, least to say in shorts. But the boyfriend did just that, by running to my school. I missed him by just one minute because I wasn't at home. I checked out the gym, it's not too bad. AUD $50 per month, I'm interested because it has those group classes. Later, we're going into the city with the school. Maybe when I get back, I will try to run. If that doesn't work, I'm joining the gym. Or at least, for the winter.

No comments: