Monday, July 24, 2006

Wish Upon a Star

My new found friends here finally got a taste of Christine Ng. I cooked a 4 course meal for the party of six last night. Entrée baked beans omelette ( no one ever heard of this and thought it was a very profound dish! Thanks Mummy Ng), pigs-in-a-blanket (just a chim name for grilled sausages can), tomato spinach basil spaghetti with mushroom ham, ending with vanilla ice cream. My guests brought ingredients though, I cooked and someone did the dishes.

Comment of the day was, “Either I’m very hungry or this really tastes good”. After that, we just sat around the living area and stoned. Hahaa, nothing to do!! And we were all so full, didn’t want to move. And so I started my crap. They laughed so hard, they told me they never thought I could be so funny. *rolls eyes* Riiite…

I am like Discovery Channel, they say. And as Tan Ah Teck from Under One roof says, ‘before you were born’, my friends burst into tears when I say “When I was young…”

I shared with them my stories of my dad pulling out my vegetable shit, when I thought it was a worm. I told them how I nearly drowned because of a super soaker. My new found friends here, they really appreciate my company. I feel warm with them, and I see them as friends who’ll be going through a lot with me whilst my time here. These friends are not even my course mates. They were the ones I met along the way to Kardinya.

I saw a shooting star the other day. Absolutely beautiful, the night sky. I was greedy, I made lots of wishes. But I didn’t make it when I saw the shooting star. I only made my wishes 5 minutes later, because I was so stunned and couldn’t believe I saw a shooting star. Well, I don’t believe in superstitions, but I still wished anyway. And I wished for my family’s health back at home.

Dad: I’m essentially staying here for 2 years, I’ve seen the counselor on the first day, and due to circumstances of the modules not being in the semester, I can’t overload in a year and half. I’ll explain to you over the phone

Ivan/Elwin: My ipod’s cured! It self healed. Thanks!

2 comments:

Shyanne Browning said...

dammit girl.

now your blog seems more interesting than mine! heh!

i miss you heaps.

Chrispy Tine said...

hit me baby, one more time.