Friday, February 16, 2007

62nd post

I'm amazed..i actually do post that much. Its my last day as a receiptionist now. And while you all are getting busy for CNY, i am too. Starting school on Monday, starting at DOME on Wednesday, plenty to do over the weekend! Replenish my fridge (dangerously low, but will survive), and shop for work clothes if they are not appropriate (meaning i have to get it from Alvin tonight- Sunday's too late). I have driving lessons and lectures back to back on Mon and Tues, and a reunion dinner tommorrow!

Also, nice shows over the weekend!! Its been quite a while since i am so busy...but i like it! Been sitting on my ass, staring into blank space for too long.

Going into autumn now, and its just so nice experiencing four seasons!Thankfully, they're not harsh changes. Like France which i just spent my dec holidays in. My friend experienced -25 in Canada and he said give him Singapore's weather at any time.

SO,my last day of being a receiptionist..guess what i found on my desk when i came in? A cheque for a MILLION DOLLARS!!! Naaah...my manager gave me a gift, prettily tied with a bow and card AND chocolates! So sweet...but i wonder if i offended her though (probably not, since she laughed). I asked " Did you give this to me?" Didnt ask her face to face, just shouted over. She asked "What?" Then i said : This bush!" I said bush because...i thought the bush was a wrapping decorative over a box or something..it looks like you know...those christmas decorations, so i thought she used last christmas decorations to wrap my present!

Later did i know it was a scarf!!! When you see the pictures, you will understand my bush 'joke'. But its gorgeous!! It looks like you know those fur stuff for winter, the faux fox to wrap around your shoulders kind of thing. She and her daughter actually knit such things! She said winters coming up and she thought this would keep me warm...its so warm and furry and fluffy!

I think it looks very classy and i cant wait for winter to come so i can wear it. Oh no, i am turning into the devil who wears prada, because i am actually into this four seasons fashion thing! I have actually bought autumn fashion!! Nice silk blouse (new) with high waisted skirt (old), dress with boots etc. And the quality, variety is much better and cheaper than Singapore. Oh no...oh no..i am losing my roots! Hahahaa..but i envision going back decked out in fashion no one else have in Singapore. But then, you realise alot of Singaporeans here probably have the same idea too. Bah!

Also, i am too lazy to dress up when i have so many pretty things. Its my new year resolution you know? Precisely, its called a resolution because no one keeps them! Hahhaa..note i didnt say promise. Because not keeping promises only applies to men.

OH! but hor...this scarf is possibly not new and worn. But i don't mind, since Sue looks clean. That's another culture difference between us and westerners. Asians wouldnt give something old as a present, but Westerners think its fine.

My lunch melted in the plastic container...so i dumped it..which is a pity..because its sooo nice! I had to pinch a bit from the melted container, i know i shouldnt since its probably poisonous already. But i still did. It was actually leftovers from last night dinner, i made the mexican dish i had in Aunt Linda's house in Germany, but i put it in the wrong container. Non-microwavable.

So i had to go get lunch..but nothing is appetizing enough for me to pay! Quiche costs $3, which I can MAKE. And sandwiches costs $7.50, which I can MAKE too. And the desserts dont look healthy...SO, i ended up with a hot cross bun. For $1!!! Hee hee hee, wanted to know how hot cross buns tastes like since we sing HOt cross BUns, da da dada dada da Hot cross buns. I think its supposed to be Char Sao Pao for that tune..but there IS a song about HOt cross Buns.

There's an asian bakery here, first i've seen. And you will see all the usual patries you see in Asia. Not like the westerners bakeries, cheese, bacon, beef, cream. Asia prices too...nice! But nope, nothing appealed.

Alvin actually offered to drop my things at my place. He lives near the city..so it will take him 20 minutes to drive down. But so nice! He actually offered. So anyway, my internet at home is in process. I think NOrman will be rejoicing for me. And my Malaysian housemate bought us a cordless phone! So i can call home now in the comfort of my room. According to her, its 20 cents per call plus 8 cents per minute (using a seperate international calling card).

Ohh...i so feel like posting pictures now..but i can't. Will do on Monday.

No comments: