Friday, February 02, 2007

Salad spinner, mum?

I cant wait for winter to use these pyjamas. Cost $10 at a sale, and came with a black top that says "In the mooooo(d)" Get it? hahaa..so funny. Goes with my leopard paw slippers. I cant wear them now to sleep because its too darn hot. You know how i cannot sleep in air con (because i will wake up with sniffles) and how i cannot sleep with the fan blowing all night (because i will wake up with sniffles) but now here in summer, i can sleep in shorts and a light tee, fan blowing all night but wont wake up with sniffles? Its that hot.

My friend who used to stay in the hostel was given the pathetic fan (if you call it a fan) in his dorm. In summer, he had to sleep naked HUGGING the fan! And every hour, wake up to hit the button to reactivate (remember my winter days?) Its SO funny.


Funnny how such pictures always turn out nice overseas, but not in our country isnt it? I think its because how blue the sky is. We cant see any blue in our own skies.

My new work place when school starts. The FOod court in school, i start at 11.30pm and end at 4, weds and thurs.

This is a quiche, and i made it.The old people probably wont like it because its lotsa eggs, beef and cheese. I am healthier, added tomatos,mushrooms and onions. The boyfriend loved it though. Walloped the entire thing for dinner.
Next up will be chicken pie, curry puff and i will try the Mrs Anne's cinnamon thing, or the apple struddel biscuit thing. I love the pastry dough here. So fun to make stuff.

Catalogue shopping is kinda fun! I ordered those hanging clothes hooks ($3) and some cover food cling wrap (except its reusable and comes in 12 colours!) OK..its the colours thing that made me buy..but its really useful and environmental friendly and $3. hahaa..i am such a housewive now. Oh no.

And so, last Sunday, I went to return the uniform of Chin’s to the lady boss. Told her I won’t be working at her place anymore because of transport inconvenience. Maybe I hold myself too highly, I actually thought she would try to persuade me to stay…but she didn’t. Haha..a bruise to the ego. But no biggie. I SERIOUSLY think its racist here now…because Dome, where my housemate works at..she told me they are seriously short staffed there..but they haven’t called me!! The Chicken Treat down the road..they are also short staffed, but they didn’t call me. Oh well, blessed with the Chinese people, although they are misers. $12 it shall be.

But i just found out, its not so much of racist here..they want the younger people,because they get paid less. I am 21, and i cost more..hee hee..but of course.

Still on the financial end, my landlord got me a stand-in receptionist job at his office! $15 an hour, $1200 for 2 weeks. What great timing! Just when my summer school ends, I will stand in for two weeks, and my official term starts. So don’t expect me to call this two weeks…I start work at 830am in the morning, and end at 5pm.


















No comments: