Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A receptionist actually earns more than me!

I calculated,a receiptionist actually earns 2.4K a month here. No working saturdays, very very simple brainless job. Quality of life here is better, i suppose. 2.4K, that is quite abit more than my last salary as a marketing executive. And this receiptionist here, don't even need a diploma, lest a degree!

but of course, then you have tha arguement of she wont go far..no promotion yadda yadda...but got to admit..the quality of life here IS better. And so, i will look into a PR. Hahahahaa..i think my mother will cry. But hey, she can escape here everytime she needs a breather from the boys.

I am actually blogging at work..my first day at work, i was so prim and proper, because i want them to call me back whenever they need a stand in again. So i was on my best behaviour...and that lasted..30 MINUTES..when the call of MSN, surfing, You Tube beckons. I am SO internet deprived, i couldnt resist. And there was NOTHING to do! I have finished my duties. Which is, processing some bank statements. And of course i can juggle asnwering phone calls whilst surfing the net, and chatting on MSN.

But like any sneaky employee, i was doing all that right under my manager's nose. Her office is directly behind my receiptionist table. But she has those two way windows..so she can see exactly what is on my computer. So, of course she knows!

Half way through the day, she just gave me official permission to do whatever i want on the computer. She knows how boring it can get. How cool is that?! So with her permission, i happily watch videos etc. on the computer. Muahahaa...but of course i am a good girl..i emptied the dustbins, took out the thrash, washed the dishes...didn't know that is all part of a receiptionist's duty.

I am so looking forward to the pay cheque next week. Lunch break is deducted, and its 30 mins! There is hardly any time to go out, so i wake up early to make my lunch. Today's rice with eel and egg. Yay!! Very delicious. Hahaa, Norman was surprised i can cook so well. I am too! I made chicken pie the other day. Very successful..complete with side salad and fries. It looked so beautiful. Haha..buuut..it looked so good, we ate it up immediately and i forgot to take pictures. Yeah, it was THAT good.

No comments: